Hello all – I will be participating in a ClearLaw Institute webinar at 3 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, October 17th, 2017. The webinar is entitled “Drafting Clickwrap and Browsewrap Agreements: Enforceability Pitfalls.” If you are interested in attending, ClearLaw has been kind enough to offer a 35% discount to friends and colleagues of mine who use this link to register. Feel free to share this link with other colleagues who have clients who are operating online businesses of any kind.
This webinar will cover the background of these court cases, recent updates on legislation, and best practices for drafting “clickwrap” or “browsewrap” agreements. Specifically, the presentation will focus on provisions affecting contract authentication, mutual assent, notice, indemnification, and unilateral modification. The course will also emphasize the need to ensure that website terms and conditions are posted in a conspicuous place. It will also explain strategies for avoiding enforceability pitfalls and resolving contract disputes. During the webinar, you will learn about:
- How recent court cases and legislation have affected the enforceability of online agreements
- The enforceability risks surrounding clickwrap and browsewrap agreements
- How corporate counsel can effectively mitigate these risks and avoid enforceability pitfalls
- What terms should be included in these agreements that are unique to the online environment
- Best practices for resolving contract disputes